- Hydroclimatology and Water Resources Engineering
- Hydroclimatic Teleconnection
- Climate Change Impact on Water Resources
- Hydrologic Time Series Analysis and Forecasting
- Soft Computing Methods in Hydrology
- Analysis of Hydrologic Extremes
- Remote Sensing Applications in Hydrology
Awards and Fellowships:
- James Rennell MoES Young Fellow, Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES), Govt. of India.
- Humboldt Research fellowship for Experienced Researchers by Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, Germany
- Associate Editor, Journal of Earth System Science (JESS), Springer.
- Associate Editor, the ISH Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, Taylor and Francis
- Prof. R. J. Garde Research Award from the Executive Council of Indian Society for Hydraulics.
- ASCE 2011 Outstanding Reviewer, Journal of Hydrologic Engineering, American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE).
- Emerging Leaders Fellowship by the Australia India Institute at the University of Melbourne, Australia.
- BOYSCAST Fellowship by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. of India.
- IEI Young Engineers Award, Institution of Engineers (India).
- DAAD fellowship for IIT faculty.
- International ICE WaRM Fellowship by the ‘International Centre of Excellence in Water Resources Management (ICE WaRM)’, an Australia Government Initiative.
- Fast Track Project Grant for Young Scientists, Science and Engineering Research Council (SERC), Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. of India.
- National Doctoral Fellowship, All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
- Prof. N. S. Govinda Rao Memorial Gold Medal by the council of Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore.
- Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO): Exploration of vertical soil moisture profile by assimilating the surface soil moisture data retrieved from remotely sensed SAR data
- Ministry of Earth Science (MoES): Modelling of Soil Moisture in a Changing Climate using the Potential of Probabilistic Hydrometeorological Approach
- Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD): Effect of Climate Change on local sea level rise and its Impact on Coastal Areas: Kolkata Region as a Pilot Study.
- Evaluation of Flood Management Scheme for Keliaghai-Kapaleswari-Baghai River Basin, Govt. of WB, India
- Water Resources Engineering (Undergraduate)
- Hydraulics (Undergraduate)
- Statistical Methods in Hydrology (Undergraduate)
- Engineering Drawing and Computer Graphics (Undergraduate)
- Fluid Mechanics (Undergraduate)
- Applied Hydrology (Postgraduate)
- Stochastic Hydrology (Postgraduate)
- Member of American Geophysical Union (AGU), USA
- Member of International Association of Hydrological Sciences (IAHS), UK
- Member of European Geosciences Union (EGU), Germany
- Member of International Water Resources Association (IWRA), France
- Member of the International Association for Hydro-Environment Engineering and Research (IAHR)
- Member of Asian Council of Science Editors (ACSE)
- Life Member of Indian Science Congress Association (ISCA), India
- Life Member of Indian Society for Hydraulics (ISH), India
- Maity R., M. Suman and N K Verma (2016), Drought prediction using a wavelet based approach to model the temporal consequences of different types of droughts, Journal of Hydrology, Elsevier, 539, 417-428, doi: 10.1016/j.jhydrol.2016.05.042.
- Subbarao P. and R. Maity, (2016), Spatio-temporal downscaling of projected precipitation in 21st century: Indication of a wetter monsoon over the upper Mahanadi basin in India, Hydrological Sciences Journal, In Press, DOI: 10.1080/02626667.2016.1241882.
- Naren A. and R. Maity (2016), Hydroclimatic Modelling of Local Sea Level Rise and its Projection in Future, Theoretical and Applied Climatology, In Press, DOI: 10.1007/s00704-016-1897-4.
- Pal M. Pal, R. Maity, M. Suman, S. K. Das, P. Patel and H. S. Srivastava (2016), Satellite based Probabilistic Assessment of Soil Moisture using C-band Quad-polarized RISAT 1 data, IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, In Press, DOI: 10.1109/TGRS.2016.2623378.
- Subbarao P., P. R. Rajendra, R. Maity and H. Kunstmann (2017), Development of a method to identify change in the pattern of extreme streamflow events in future climate: Application on the Bhadra reservoir inflow in India, Journal of Hydrology: Regional Studies, 9, 236-246, DOI: 10.1016/j.ejrh.2016.12.084.
- Chanda K. and R. Maity (2017), Assessment of Trend in Global Drought Propensity in the 21st century using Drought Management Index, Water Resources Management, In Press, DOI: DOI: 10.1007/s11269-017-1571-3.