Measurement methods and platforms for the assessment of the current situation:
- Field measurement campaigns
- air pollution monitoring (e.g. contribution to aerosol-measuring station Augsburg, open-path remote sensing measurements Beijing) to determine emission rates of air pollutants and greenhouse gases as well as air quality parameters (chemistry & meteorology)
- Evaluation of regional dispersion modeling by representative measurements, e.g. particles and precursors
Numerical model systems for different scales and compartments:
- Atmosphere-biosphere models for process oriented simulation of photosynthesis, emission of trace compounds (e.g. BVOC), and in-canopy chemistry
- Regional scale modeling (also including regional climate-chemistry simulations)
- local scale air quality modeling for urban impact assessment and urban heat island studies and the investigation of meteorology-air chemistry interactions.