- Biogeochemistry of carbon and nitrogen turnover in terrestrial anthropogenic and natural ecosystems
- Biosphere-atmosphere-exchange of trace gases (CO2, CH4, N2O, NOx, NH3)
- Process-based modelling of soil-atmosphere trace-gas exchange from local to regional scales
- Hydrology and hydrological modelling of soil water movement
- Statistical analyses of complex models
- 2012 - 2016 PhD, University of Freiburg, Faculty of Environment and Natural Resources.
Thesis: Biogeochemical modeling of land management change in tropical agricultural systems [Download]
- 2005 - 2012 Dipl. Ing. (Environmental Engineering), University of Stuttgart.
Thesis: Two phase flow in homogeneous porous media - The role of capillary pressure in modeling gravity driven fingering [Download]
Detailed curriculum vitae
- D. Kraus, S. Weller, S. Klatt, E. Haas, R. Wassmann, R. Kiese, and K. Butterbach-Bahl. A new LandscapeDNDC biogeochemical module to predict CH4 and N2O emissions from lowland rice and upland cropping systems. Plant and soil, 386(1-2):125–149, 2015.
- D. Kraus, S. Weller, S. Klatt, I. Santabárbara, E. Haas, R. Wassmann, C. Werner, R. Kiese, and K.Butterbach-Bahl. How well can we assess impacts of agricultural land management changes on the total greenhouse gas balance (CO2, CH4 and N2O) of tropical rice-cropping systems with a biogeochemical model? Agriculture, Ecosystems & Environment, 224:104–115, May 2016.
- S. Klatt, D. Kraus, P. Kraft, L. Breuer, M. Wlotzka, V. Heuveline, E. Haas, R. Kiese, and Butterbach-Bahl. Exploring impacts of land management and vegetated buffer strips on nitrogen retention in a hypothetical arable catchment: A coupled hydro-biogeochemical modeling approach using LandscapeDNDC/CMF. Environmental Modelling & Software, 2016.
Complete publication list [Download]